Monday, May 26, 2014

lost in paris #realtalk

the day i came to paris i was stoked
and i got that feeling, like you know the feeling
when you turn the last page of the final review
and like when you reach the 12th day of christmas.
and i love paris. i've been waiting for paris.
but when it came to be honest i was a bit
overwhelmed.
like when you're asked to close for work on a school night
or when you find yourself just barely opening your textbook
and it's long past midnight.
that feeling.
in my first few steps on paris ground i had to stop..
collaborate and listen not to vanilla ice but to paris.
i was lost. 
not in my location, but in my state of mind.
for once in my life i wasn't forced to go right.
i was allowed to request my destination 
and choose my journey. 
so i felt overwhelmed. 
and so you can blame it on me or on akon whatever 
but i felt overwhelmed. 
but then as i saw the possibilities in paris 
my mind went all to infinity and beyond.
and it was in that moment i saw summer coming again,
spiderman joining the avengers,
and colored sharpies writing not coloring.
and it was in that moment 
i knew i wasn't lost in paris.
but i had to find myself in paris.
and so i put my hair up, sat in the sun,
stared at the tower and 
i found myself finally lost in paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment